Business Katie Action shot...go mama go!
Katie Veatch LMT, CPMT, CIMT has over a decade of experience working with children and families in both private and public settings. During a volunteer outreach trip to Vietnam in 2010 with the Liddle Kidz Foundation, Katie learned firsthand the benefits of massage for infants and children while teaching infant massage to caregivers in orphanages. Soon thereafter, Katie attended massage school in Southern Oregon and graduated with a new understanding of the human body and an education to provide healthy, nurturing touch to both children and adults.
In addition to massage, Katie has a background in yoga and is certified to teach yoga to adults as well as to children with special needs. Through movement, massage therapy, and birth doula services, Katie is honored to have an opportunity to share sacred space with each client, big or small.
Katie continues training in massage and nurturing touch for children and adults, and current certifications include:
- Licensed Massage Therapist in Massachusetts and Oregon
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 2005
- Certified Infant Massage Teacher, Liddle Kidz Foundation
- Certified Pediatric Massage Therapist Course for Professionals
- Touch Therapy for Liddle Kidz with Cancer
- Touch Therapy for Liddle Kidz with Trauma
- Touch Therapy for Liddle Kidz with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Touch Therapy for Liddle Kidz in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Sivananda Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
- Yoga for the Special Child, The Sonja Sumar Method®
- Certified Birth Doula Training, Doula Organization of North America
- Certified Lactation Training, Doula Organization of North America
- CalmBirth® method of childbirth