Benefits of Infant Massage for the whole family!
Benefits of Massage for Baby
Infant Massage may encourage the following benefits:
- Focused time together with caregiver
- Promotes secure attachment, self-esteem and respect
- Heightens sense of well being
- Produces Oxytocin
- Provides special time for communicating verbal and non-verbal cues
- Awareness through loving touch and caring attention
- Healthy weight gain
- Enhanced neurological development
- Improved sleep patterns
- Improved blood circulation, digestion, and inner equilibrium (balance)
- Improved muscle tone
- Improved cardiac and respiratory output
- Skin-to-skin contact
- Improved sensory awareness
- Enhanced interaction between caregiver and child
- Special time between caregiver and child, and it provides nurturing interaction as baby grows!
Benefits of Massage for Caregiver and Family
Infant massage may encourage the following benefits:
- Focused time together with baby
- Reinforces eye-to-eye contact and skin-to-skin contact
- Caregivers become more "in sync" with baby, giving parents the tools to understand the child's unique rhythms
- Special time for siblings to take part in a bonding activity with baby
- May help parents unwind and relax, relieving stress and tension
- Promotes release of nurturing hormones
- Provides special time to learn and understand verbal and non-verbal cues
- Enhances respect for the child
- Helps build confidence in competency of care for a little one
- Increase caregiver's confidence to meet baby's needs and follow their intuition
- Special time between caregiver and baby, and provides nurturing interaction as baby grows!
2013 TinyTouch Massage - This informational sheet was adapted by TinyTouch Massage with permission from Liddle Kidz Foundation. The information provided herein does not replace medical advice.